Some dogs LOVE to dress up and go trick-or-treat with the fam... some dogs - not so much.
3 Quick Tips to keep your dog safe this Howl-O-Ween:
Trick or Treat Safety
- Use a lite-up collar in addition to your dog's regular collar/harness with tags (LOVE the Nite Ize NiteHOWL Safety Necklace)
- Make sure your phone number is on your dog's tag!
Staying Safe at Home
Staying home and handing out candy? Don't let this be a scary time for your dog, or worse yet, an opportunity to get lost at night.
- Repeated ringing of the doorbell (who can resist barking?)
- Unfamiliar faces, costumes and loud voices
- The front door open for an extended time
Keep your dog safe during peak trick-or-treat time by crating them or confining to a bedroom with TV.
After the Big Night
Pick up all the candy at the end of the night and store it in a secure location.
Halloween candy is hard to resist! Make sure all the night's candy is out of reach from your dog. The midnight snack on candy can be end up with a costly visit to the vet or worse.
(I speak from experience on the last one!)
Stay safe and have fun!